Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 19- weight classes

Breakfast: greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop protein powder
Lunch: leftover spaghetti squash, kale, and tempeh, balsamic vinegar, cottage cheese
Snack: 3 walnuts, about 4 almonds, toast with a bit of peanut butter (not quite enough to cover the whole piece of toast)
Snack: 3 egg whites, 1 serving of broccoli
Post Workout: 5 pretzel sticks (about half the size of a regular one), 2 cookies- yikes!
Dinner: cottage cheese, yogurt with protein powder

I was pleased with my meals until after I worked out. I had to rush to a meeting on campus and couldn't stay the full time at BJJ. I caved a little and had some junk food at the meeting, as you can see.

Additionally, I decided to go up a weight class for Pan Ams. Each day for the past few days, my weight has either been a pound over or a pound under with my gi on, and I'd hate to get there and not weigh in correctly. I spoke to my instructor, and he said to email the IBJJF immediately. A lot of the pressure is now off me. Otherwise, I maybe not have eaten the morning of the Pan Ams and felt weak while competing. The past few days I have felt weak while rolling, and would hate for that to carry over into competition.

I also realized that just because the girls in middleweight might be taller than me, it doesn't mean they'll be better than me. I'm just going to go out there, do my best, and hopefully my technique will be better than the competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment