Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 16

Got some good training in this morning followed by about a 5 mile run in the afternoon.

Breakfast: Toufayani Smart Bagel with greek yogurt
Post Workout Snack: smoothie: frozen banana, Sambazon unsweetened acai, 1/2 cup of almond milk
Lunch: Portobello mushroom, cheese, spinach, and tomato on a whole wheat bun, 4 potato wedges, mixed greens salad 1/2 can of natural ginger ale
Snack: apple, 4 strawberries, green tea with 1 tsp. honey
Dinner: the last of my chili, handful of peanuts, 1 walnut, 3 egg whites with 2 yolks

The smoothie tastes even better with a frozen banana. I may buy a bunch of bananas, wait until they are ripe, and then freeze them. Additionally, smoothies are a great way to use overripe bananas.

Today was the first time I went trail running with my Vibrams. Unfortunately, you can feel every rock and pebble on the path, and I felt much more prone to tripping. This means I need to plan out my path pretty carefully. I'm not sure if I should continue to try and run outside with them, or if I should restrict myself to running on a track.

No comments:

Post a Comment