Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 15- Popcorn fail!

Today I bought some plain popcorn kernels, as I thought they would be a good snack. I put two tablespoons in a saucepan and put it on the hot stove. The kernels popped a tiny bit, and then the remaining ones quickly burned! My apartment now smells like burnt popcorn. I put two more tablespoons in a bowl and popped them in the microwave with a cover over it. Most of it popped, but it still took two sessions. There was about half a tablespoon remaining at the end.

Breakfast: chocolate brownie Gnu Flavor and Fiber bar- got up 15 min. before I had to leave...
Lunch: chili, cottage cheese, 1 walnut
Snack: 1.5 tbsp plain popcorn, greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder
Snack: 2 tsp. chili, 3 strawberry
Dinner: rice, chapati, okra curry, lentil curry, eggplant curry, chai tea, half of a kheer dessert

The greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder is DELICIOUS. It tastes like chocolate pudding, and really satisfies my sweet tooth. Regarding protein powder, the only brand I use is Jay Robb. They use ethically raised cows for their whey protein, natural chocolate flavor for the taste, and only use stevia as a sweetener. I feel very comfortable using this product knowing that the ingredients are coming from organic and ethically raised animals. I've also tried Vega's protein powder, but it doesn't have as good a taste. Additionally, Vega is more expensive, and Jay Robb is expensive enough!

My dinner was obviously a bit rich today. I'm going to have to get back on track this week in terms of eating healthily. Pans Ams is now under 2 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment