Monday, May 16, 2011

The best graduation present is...

Between final exams, graduating, moving out, and Blogger being down, I haven't had the time to update this thing.

Last Monday, May 9th, I graduated from college. It was pretty cathartic and nostalgic to walk across the stage and see all my classmates. I've got friends from all over the country who I hope I'll stay in touch with. Needless to say, I strolled over to BJJ that day in my graduation regalia! Quite honestly, I was running around that day and only realized I was in my graduation cap gown when it was time to leave.

Last Thursday morning was my last BJJ class at Unit 2 Fitness/Roberto Traven BJJ. I was pretty sad to be leaving my teammates but it was a great last class. There was lots of rolling and many people I knew where there. As soon as I was done rolling, I turned around and Roberto Traven was holding a blue belt in his hand! I could barely contain my excitement as he tied the belt around my waist. I absolutely did not expect to get my blue belt, so it was a nice surprise. Talk about a graduation present! Lots of people congratulated me and it was a great way to end my time in Atlanta. Especially since it was followed by vicarious packing, squishing my car full of boxes, and a 14 hour drive that ended at 3:30am.

I still have not found anything paid but am searching. Some have told me to travel in my year off. It's tough to do that without any money, but I have a friend traveling to Brazil in November and one friend going to Vietnam in July so I may ask my parents for a graduation present...

I've also realized I should change the title as school currently does not have a place in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment