Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Winter Competition Time

Have not updated this lately because as usual work is crazy and there has been nothing of interest BJJ related until the past few days.

I signed up for two competitions in December- Grapplers Quest on the 10th and the Renzo Open on the 17th. I feel like I've been working on enough things that I am ready to compete and test what I've been learning. I treat these tournaments almost the same way I do big IBJJF tournaments. I am not the kind of person who will do well if I take smaller tournaments more lightly than the big ones. I understand they are not as prestigious as IBJJF tournaments, but I know there will be some really good competition out there. I imagine that Grapplers Quest will be the most packed because it's more well known. I've managed to keep my weight under control enough so I don't need to worry about cutting too much and the weight classes for the Renzo Open are in my favor so I'm on the lower end of the weight range.

Of course gearing up for competition is more difficult in the winter, especially since Thanksgiving and my birthday were last week! And everyone seems to be eating chocolate and Christmas cookies! I had one piece of my birthday cake and put the rest in the freezer for after the 17th and am trying to eat as healthily as possible. Nice move by my parents who hid all the leftover dessert in the basement- I don't think about munching on that stuff when it's not in plain sight! :)

After the 17th I'll be easing up on training a little. I'll go a couple of times a week, but I have some nagging injuries I need to take care of. I'll probably try and do some strength and conditioning stuff, mainly bodyweight exercises and sprints, as I don't have access to a gym.

Next time I post it will most likely be competition results!

No comments:

Post a Comment