Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You've Come To The Right Place

Instead of just rolling during the beginner class today, Shaolin had me drill with two other girls in the class. I'm really glad he had me drill, because it was a half guard sweep I've been having trouble with. Quite honestly, I was frustrated for most of the drill, but I finally understood it at the end. This alleviated some of my frustrations from yesterday's class so I felt pretty good when it came time to roll and during the advanced class. At the end of the beginner class I told one of the other female students I've been having trouble with half guard and she told me I'd come to the right place. Shaolin drills half and butterfly guard a lot, so I'm excited to improve on these two things.

During the advanced class we drilled some stuff from the turtle position. I feel like I rarely work from this position because every time I get into it, I have been able to forward roll out of it- granby rolls FTW!! I noticed less of a difference between rolling with the men and women today. Maybe yesterday was just a weird occurrence...

A bunch of students are competing at the Long Island Pride tournament this weekend. Given my erratic training schedule, I don't think competing would be the best thing for me right now. I need to work a little more on my technical base before I feel comfortable competing at the blue belt level.

Alright, I need to be up in about 4 hours, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment