Thursday, July 21, 2011

That Awkward Moment When...

...your spandex rips during nogi. Yes, tonight, during the second hour of nogi training, I was wearing my vale tudo shorts, and after the first roll, someone pokes me on the shoulder and says "uhh, your shorts ripped". Thank goodness I had some regular grappling shorts in my bag, which I threw on over my ripped VT shorts. When I came home, I inspected the damage and the shorts were almost ripped in half right over my butt! Hopefully no one else noticed my brightly colored underwear that night...

Other than that, I got some solid nogi training in. Right now I'm just focusing on getting better and not preparing for competition. Job hunting is more important right now than competing.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes I enjoyed retelling this story to the girls at Unit 2 the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete